RE 5 Front Wheel

Test your forum skills before launching into in-depth discussions!
hgh770n

RE 5 Front Wheel

Post by hgh770n »

[HGH 770N This has been my RE5 for some 30 years,I have been tidying is up and thought i would get my wheels respoked , but the wheel builder has done a runner with no sign of my or other peoples wheels.has any one got one for sale, i have the disks .I think they are different to those fitted to the GT 750 as they are alloy not steel regardsRoger
Interpol2471

Re: RE 5 Front Wheel

Post by Interpol2471 »

Crumbs who was the builder that cleared off as I have some wheels being done now by Brickwoods if I remember correctly red face
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....
gripper

Post by gripper »

Just as a matter of interest, I bought a dommie rear wheel off ebay a couple of years ago. It had a brickwoods alloy rim on it. I had to have the offset adjusted to suit my Commando. My tame wheel builder spent days trying to get the wheel true before discovering that the spoke holes in the rim were not evenly spaced around the rim but at random distances apart. They varied in spacing by anything up to 1/4 inch. Eventually he got it true with a set of individually matched spokes. Nice man didn't charge me any more, but hadn't seen anything like it before, nor wanted to again.Dave
hgh770n

Post by hgh770n »

Interpol2471 wrote:Crumbs who was the builder that cleared off as I have some wheels being done now by Brickwoods if I remember correctly red face
Thank for your concern, it was a small builder and pollisher in Birmingham of J3 on the M5 , there are a few wheels not built outside, lots of MSG stuck on his door and no one localy has seen anyone for 4 weeks or so,i'm trying to find out who owns the unit but we can't see mutch inside
Richard Negus

Post by Richard Negus »

Would that be Philips ? Father and son, I think.They tended to be somewhat erratic in their hours, but did a good job.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
hgh770n

Post by hgh770n »

Thanks for your reply, it is Philips that have my wheel, they sorten my rear wheel out in two weeks and i spoke to him three or fore times in the process, this time there no contact at all and many concerned people with MSG stuck to his door with no replies. I am looking for a replacement wheel , my wheels are spoked alloy, is this the same on all RE5`s the GT 750 are steel I think
hgh770n

Post by hgh770n »

Hi, Thanks for replies and viewers ,I have retrieved my wheel back from Phillips wheel builders,with lots of thanks to someone else contacing the landlord and gaining entry to the unit,the kind gent read my note I left on the units door and rang me,he looked for his own car wheels and my RE 5 wheel, he found mine but only his own hubs (no rims or spokes)he gaind permision of the landlord and my self on the phone to remove the items and he dellivered it to my home.What a Gent, i hope all the other can get there wheels back through the landlord,now i start again, I need a good wheel builder, can any one help