Norton F1 headlight

Test your forum skills before launching into in-depth discussions!
felix1902

Norton F1 headlight

Post by felix1902 »

Hello from Germany,just let me introduce myself. I am an new menmber and since beginning of 2010 owner of a Norton F1.Actually I have to convert the bike for right hand traffic. So I need a new headlight (Koito XH27).Does anyone know from which Yamaha models the headlight will fit?Thank in advance for your help!Marco
kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

Re: Norton F1 headlight

Post by kanonkopdrinker »

It may be that I have been told a fib .... but I seem to remember hearing that the F1 headlamp was sourced from a British Leyland Austin Allegro - a bit like the Vauxhall/Opel Nova rear lamps on the Commander.Can you confirm / deny, Richard?DC
tripleblack

Post by tripleblack »

You probably don't have to look for another headlamp. I have a F1 Sport which had a center dip headlamp with the same Koito XH27 mark in it. Pete Morris from NML told me I could simply adjust the light for right hand drive without removing the unit. Did not have any issues with registering in Holland.
tripleblack

Post by tripleblack »

Hello Marco,Here I posted a picture of my head lamp. If you have the same one, there should be no problems.http://www.mijnalbum.nl/GroteFoto-MRSKNL4H.jpg
felix1902

Post by felix1902 »

Thank you for forwarding the picture of your Norton (F1S?).My headlight is exactly the same. So adjustment shouldno problem.Marco
Richard Negus

Post by Richard Negus »

The picture shows a centre-dip light as specified for the UK market ; the glass has a symmetrical pattern.For other European machines, the correct light dips to the right and has an asymmetric pattern in the glass.However, many F1's were fitted (by mistake??) with r/h dip lights and some have been changed over the years.Originally, the lights came from a Yamaha FZR250RR.R.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!