W2000 plumbing diagram needed

Test your forum skills before launching into in-depth discussions!
FloridaMike

W2000 plumbing diagram needed

Post by FloridaMike »

Anyone have a vacuum hose diagram or description of what connects where for the various tubes and hoses on and around the carb, inlet manifold and idle capsule for an autolube W2000?Also would greatly appreciate initial setup settings for carb and autolube.Got this poor bike in a basket (several, actually) and slowly bringing it back to life.Any tricks or tips for starting a fresh engine - extra oil somewhere (add to fuel?) or keep the revs down or anything?Best Regards,Mike Arman
kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

Re: W2000 plumbing diagram needed

Post by kanonkopdrinker »

Hi MikeThe vacuum box was covered in a recent-ish issue of the ROC magazine - translated from the German W2000 Club's newsletter. I'll see if I can find it ...You don't actually need the vacuum box; if it's defective, replace it with a blanking bolt.The ROC has a few of these ....If you drop me an email to RotaryOC@aol.com I'll send you a membership form.CheersDavid
site admin
Site Admin

Post by site admin »

Or; You can download a copy of the membership form by clicking on the 'club regalia' button at the top of this pageSite admin
FloridaMike

Post by FloridaMike »

Downloaded form some weeks ago, wrote a check on my comatose-from-non-use HSBC bank Sterling account and mailed it in. It arrived, I'm now paid up.Understand a stack of newsletters was mailed to me by sea since airmail would have cost most of the membership fee - I'm fine with that, the purpose of the membership fee is to support the club, not the postal service ;-)Looking forward to reading them!Thank you and best regards,Mike in Florida
FloridaMike

Post by FloridaMike »

Posted a reply previously, it went off into cyberspace and hasn't been seen since . . . could also be I'm looking for it in the wrong place ;-)Big packet of past newsletters arrived last week, dear bride (of 15 years) was quoted as asking "When are you coming to bed, dear???"Wonderful stuff - if that faux BSA were available here, I'd buy one. I especially liked the W2000 owned by Katrin Kassner (4/07 issue), my what a sweet bike that one is! Gonna steal some ideas off that one, I am, I am.Hopefully, I'll be able to contribute as my rotary experience grows - so far my W2000 is a not-quite rolling chassis - the power train is assembled and in the frame, but the "rolling" part is a mover's dolly. Does make it easy to move around the workshop.And then today, I got another issue of the newsletter - my goodness, she's going to be unhappy . . . and I do try not to annoy her!Best Regards,Mike in Florida