Hello from new member

Test your forum skills before launching into in-depth discussions!
tripleblack

Hello from new member

Post by tripleblack »

smiley Hello,I’m Peter Boekweg from the Netherlands and I own a F1 Sport for a couple of years now. I bought the bike at NML where I was kindly helped by Richard Negus and Pete Morris. It is a Gitane Blue F1 Sport built 12/91 (P55B 050314) and I am very enthusiastic about it. Unfortunately I had to put the bike up for sale last year due to the economical crisis in relation to my job. Luckily my situation improved over time after that. Most important improvement: I can keep this fantastic bike and so I did withdraw the ad.The bike is in great condition and I’ll use it frequently, however not as a daily driver and not in bad weather. This winter I’ll have all fluids changed, including the fork oil. Richard was very specific about the torque settings of the fork clamps, for it can crack the casting when overtightened. Can someone tell me what torque specs I need to deal with?Hope I can learn a lot from you rotorheads. Would love to make some contributions to this forum, too.Best Regards,Peter
johnbirchjar

Re: Hello from new member

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi Peter,welcome aboard,I am known as J.B.So pleased that you managed to hang on to your F1 Sport,I ride a Classic and have done so for the past 10 years,ride safely and hope to see you sometime,regardsJ.B.
tripleblack

Post by tripleblack »

Thanks for your kind words. Now finding out if I can post a picture of this beauty:Image
MrB

Post by MrB »

Hi Peter,I remember seeing a pic of your bike on the NML website some time back and thinking I really, really want one of those! Pleased to see it still looks great. I ride a Commander powered IP2, not as flash or as fast but jolly good fun nonetheless. It's the only bike I've owned that I've never managed to bring myself to consider selling. Somehow I think I'm stuck with it for good - I just need a few more bikes to keep it company.Johnny
Assen

Post by Assen »

Dag Peter, Leuk, weer een Nederlander binnen de club! We kunnen bijna een Nederlandse afdeling beginnen van de Club! Ik ben benieuwd hoeveel Nederlanders we binnen de club hebben. Een stuk of 10 schat ik..David, is it easy for you to see what nationalities we have whithin the club and how many of each? I was wondering how many Dutch members we have whithin the club? Groet, Jannes
Dell Boy

Post by Dell Boy »

There you go! beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Personally I think it doesn`t look right. Strange how a different colour highlights[ in my eyes] the scrappy handlebar area. I didn`t notice it on black bikes. Welcome to the site from a Commander rider & ex. F1 owner which of course was black. It was the one on the Norton video produced by DUKE MARKETING. Cheers, Derek.
kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

Post by kanonkopdrinker »

David, is it easy for you to see what nationalities we have whithin the club and how many of each? I was wondering how many Dutch members we have whithin the club?
Every member who has access to a computer may be sent an Excel file of the club members so you can find out if you have member in the next street ... at the end of 2009 we had ...# Netherlands - 5# France - 3# Luxembourg - 1# Germany - 7# Belgium - 1# Switzerland - 3# Denmark - 2# Norway - 1# Portugal - 1# Ireland - 3and some other eslewhere in the world .... Japan, Australia, New Zealand, USA etc
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hi Peterglad to hear you kept the bike, did you know it was disscused on this forum when it was for sale thrapp/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=263Regards Wayne
tripleblack

Post by tripleblack »

Hi Wayne,I didn 't know that. It wouldn't be a fast seller anyway. The third party quoted the bike a little too high I think, leaving a good bit for themselves. Luckily it stays here now!! smiley
jpsrob

Post by jpsrob »

Hi I remember that bike, it was sitting in NML when I bought my F1 Sport. I originally went to by an F1.