Hi from new member -Norton F1 Sport Owner

Test your forum skills before launching into in-depth discussions!
John

Hi from new member -Norton F1 Sport Owner

Post by John »

Hello everyone,My name is John and I'm new to the forum. Decided to join up after only discovering the forum a few days ago. My bike is a genuine Norton F1 Sport/TT that I bought through Norton Motors Ltd (great guys!) a few years ago.Richard Negus will probably remember me as the guy who travelled from Singapore especially to buy it....got to be the furthest travelled to buy one unless anyone can beat it?Anyway my interest lies mainly in the F1 Sports, also love the NRS racers too. Look fwd to chatting on here with all other rotary enthusiasts & especially other F1 Sport owners as I don't know any. smiley
Richard Negus

Re: Hi from new member -Norton F1 Sport Owner

Post by Richard Negus »

Hi John, and welcome to the Forum !Of course I remember - and still envious of the Solent views although Wight seemed much closer than I had expected.As another Sport owner, jpsrob may be along shortly.R.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi John,Welcome to the forum,I am known as J.B.I am the proud owner of one of the limited edition "Classics." You must have realy wanted one of the F1sports to have come all the way from Singapore for it, hope it has'nt disapointed,ride safely,J.B.
John

Post by John »

Many thanks Richard and J.B. I still love the bike as much as ever. Only wish I'd bought one new back in 91/92 but back then there were so few around and they were rarely written about in the press so I didn't know they even existed. (I only knew of the original F1 which was much more publicised). So when I first saw a pic of one around 2006 I was suprised/stunned and decided immediately I had to have one, hence the long trip which I definitely don't regret.