general talk

Test your forum skills before launching into in-depth discussions!
johnbirchjar

general talk

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi all, I am known usualy as J.B. and have been riding my Classic since 1999, and have been a club member since about 2001, I attend most club gatherings in the U.K., my bike is easy to spot,it wears a Triumph Sprint fairing!! I have only just joined the computor set,hence the reason that I hav'nt loged on before. Reading the latest eddition of the Epitrocoid and Rogers adventures with his IP2,re his left hand End plate, Nortons at Rugely have two (it was three, but I've just purchased one,) just in case, because, like he said,they are getting very rare, and the price of one End plate has got to be less than a complete water cooled engine, anyway I've "bitten the bullet". On a different theme, has anyboby changed the front brake discs on a Classic or IP2 from solid to drilled? Changing direction yet again,(pardon the pun) an incident a couple of weeks ago showed me just how easy it is to have an accident.Stopping at a tee junction to make a right hand turn a car turning right accross me stoped,started, stoped again, looked at me and motioned for me to go, which I did. When we reached our destination about ten minutes later, my biking buddy told me the confusion was of my making, my Left Hand indicator was flashing and I was turning Right!! I expect that I am not alone in commiting this mistake, (I know of one or two riders in the N.O.C who regularly forget to cancel their indicators) I have now fitted indicator warning buzzers to the Classic. I plan to be at Donnington and Burnley, Hope to see some of you then. Safe rotoring J.B.
rortycrankle

Re: general talk

Post by rortycrankle »

hello there, was up at Norton Motors a week or two ago collecting some parts ,Peter was packing up your left hand end plateat the time, and he told me it was in fact their last one !!! as the only other they had was used on an engine Richard had just built which was off to its owner in Sweeden ,maybe its time for some engineering wizard to come up with a fix for worn ones!!!
Richard Negus

Post by Richard Negus »

Notice of the non-availability of air-cooled l/h end plates is somewhat premature!I called in to talk to Peter today and confirm that there are still three salvageable plates at Rugeley.One is machined & ready for moly / grind and the others are ready for machining.He also has moly'd plates on the shelf for both Commanders and F1's.R.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi People,are there anymore of you rotoring to the N.O.C. rally in Austria? I am looking to leave on Saturday from Dover, it would be nice to look out for fellow Rotarians on the on the journey.Safe riding J.B.