Back agin

Test your forum skills before launching into in-depth discussions!
jagjohn1

Back agin

Post by jagjohn1 »

I have just dug out my old Norton T shirt and what it actually reads is
"My success is due to the unapproachable Norton "
All the best
John
johnbirchjar

Re: Back agin

Post by johnbirchjar »

Just as point of interest,how long have you owned your Classic?J.B.
jagjohn1

Post by jagjohn1 »

Hello JB
I have owned the bike for approximately 5 years, I bought it from an old boy who was ill.
It has only done 235 miles from new. It is part of my collection, I have not done one mile on it as it is virtually mint, but I do run it up on a regular basis
Regards
John
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Before you sell the bike, do yourself a favor and ride the thing,not just a poodle round the block,but 50/60 mile or so(and seeing as you live in Kent, a bit of a blast on the M2 orM20 wink)I guarantee you will find it a very unique experience,nothing at all like the Nortons of yore(or any other bike for that matter)I have had my Classic for 30 years,(and traveled nearly 70,000 miles)and I still get the "grin factor" when I wind the old girl up through the gears,(that exhaust note really is something else,totally unique cool)J.B.
jagjohn1

Re: Back again

Post by jagjohn1 »

Hi Jb
Thanks for your advice
I rode an ex police one years ago and know what you mean, but this is such a unique bike with such low mileage I feel I would leave the pleasure to a new owner, meanwhile I still enjoy my Indian Chief but that's just me.
All the best
John
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

We have a member in another club I belong to"The MCC"( Mayflower Motorcycle Club)who rides an "Indian Chief"(his second I believe)and is very fond of his one too Very Happy,ride safe,J.B.