Hello

Test your forum skills before launching into in-depth discussions!
David-Sutton

Hello

Post by David-Sutton »

Ive just finished a restoration of a 1974 Hercules sourced from a collection in the USA, (a collection where everything sat and rusted apparently) and its ready to roll (or rotate) except for the brake pads, caliper piston seals and front disc.The disc is usable but looks a mess, plan A was to have it surface ground, has anyone been down this route or found an alternative?The seals I would like to replace as a matter of good practice as ive done the master cylinder and the lines all look good.The brake pads i believe are the same dimensions as Yamaha RD350 or Yamaha bikes of that era but would like to fit originals if possible.https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8YSuH ... sp=sharing
kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

Re: Hello

Post by kanonkopdrinker »

Where in the world are you David?I might be able to assist ....David
David-Sutton

Post by David-Sutton »

Hi DavidIm in Cheshire but up and down to London pretty often.Any help appreciated, im trying to join the Hercules Owners Club in Germany but as yet no luck there.
FloridaMike

Post by FloridaMike »

David,I'm of the understanding that the brakes are Grimeca, and that parts are still available if you do some looking.I've also had little luck joining the German Hercules club. The website is firewalled and you need a password to get in. The last time I lost my password and requested another, I got a *very* curt response which growled about "gottverdammt spammers!" and worse. (I shudder to think what the response would have been if I didn't have a Hercules . . . )What I would suggest, if you can get onto it, is download all the pages to your computer and run them through Google Translate so you have them for reference. Fortunately, these bikes haven't changed in 40 years, so there will be few surprises.Best Regards,Florida Mike
kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

Post by kanonkopdrinker »

Then allow me to send you a membership form for the Rotary Owners' Club in the U.K.Cheers David
David-Sutton

Post by David-Sutton »

FloridaMike wrote:David,I'm of the understanding that the brakes are Grimeca, and that parts are still available if you do some looking.I've also had little luck joining the German Hercules club. The website is firewalled and you need a password to get in. The last time I lost my password and requested another, I got a *very* curt response which growled about "gottverdammt spammers!" and worse. (I shudder to think what the response would have been if I didn't have a Hercules . . . )What I would suggest, if you can get onto it, is download all the pages to your computer and run them through Google Translate so you have them for reference. Fortunately, these bikes haven't changed in 40 years, so there will be few surprises.Best Regards,Florida Mike
Mike yes once i get to that stage on the German site ill down load the lot. As yet Ive got as far as sending off a letter and bank transferring 10Euro but waiting for a password.Ill still keep hunting fro Grimeca stuff.
David-Sutton

Post by David-Sutton »

kanonkopdrinker wrote:Then allow me to send you a membership form for the Rotary Owners' Club in the U.K.Cheers David
David yep send me a form get me signed up!