New Member With Norton F1

Test your forum skills before launching into in-depth discussions!
NortondreambikeF1

New Member With Norton F1

Post by NortondreambikeF1 »

Hello to all.Having searched for a Norton F1 for some time, I finally bought a lovely example at the beginning of this month, with just 4500-Miles on the clock. How I found the bike was just pure luck, as I had been ill for a total of five weeks with a severe chest infection and missed out on two nice examples in this time: some say it was meant to be!!!! In the early hours of a Monday morning, when I could not sleep, I decided to surf the net again in my hunt for an F1, as many had said I would not find one because of the amount of people looking for them. To my amazement, when I put in "Norton F1 for sale", one came up . I had to look a few times and couldn't believe my eyes. It was 5.30am!!! All I could do was sit and wait very anxiously until a reasonable hour to text the seller. He called me and at 8am and I asked him a few questions including where he was located and was amazed that he was only 18-miles away. So off I went with some money as a deposit and my bank card lol and my van. I bought the bike as you can well imagine and bought it home that morning Very Happy I haven't ridden the bike at all yet, because I discovered that the rear shock-absorber had a leak, so that was taken off and sent away for a rebuild. That will be back with me today cool also ordered a new rear sprocket, so I hope to have the bike on the road next week for my first ride!!! I will be looking to take it to some of the shows and meetings, but I may need a bit of help and advice on what are the good meets to attend.Please message me if you have any info that will help my knowledge about anything to do with Norton F1sRegards Mark
Wayne

Re: New Member With Norton F1

Post by Wayne »

Hi MarkI pm you my phone number in FB give me a ring if you want some advice, I am concentrating on the bikes this year not the keyboard.Regards Wayne
NortondreambikeF1

Re: New Member With Norton F1

Post by NortondreambikeF1 »

Hi Wayne I was nice of you to call and offer your help on what oil to use in my bike, Thanks, if there is room on the stand my bike will be there at the Classic TTRegards Mark