Test your forum skills before launching into in-depth discussions!
TRIDENT

Post by TRIDENT »

Just a line to say hello,posted wanted request for a Rotary Classic preferredwent and looked at a 1988 Commander at £12500 thought it shouldhave been really clean at 3700miles disappointed looked more like 37000 wet miles and i thoughtexpensive.Feed back on current prices please.Currently running a Norton 961 sport,Moto Guzzi Cali 3 injectiona CX500 plus Suzuki GT250A engine in bits,fascinated by Rotary.
mfremlin

Re: New Member

Post by mfremlin »

Hello and welcome. Rotary machines come up from time to time on ebay and the small adds in various publications. Was £12500 a typo? If not that seems very expensive for a Commander. Good luck with your quest!Mark.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Hi and welcome to the forum, i agree if that figure was not a error then the seller was high on something other than just the price, i'm no expert, and i know prices of british bikes are on the rise, but i would say he was asking around double what a good Commander would fetch, indeed i would think even for a Classic it's near the top end. What does surprise me, is how the prices on E bay seem to go very high for " barn finds " or bikes requiring a lot of work, when for a little more you can buy a good bike on the road. Dave
Dell Boy

Post by Dell Boy »

Way to high for a Commander. Four to six thousand for a good one would be more like it. Ebay punters live in a world of there own with all so called Classic bikes.
TRIDENT

Post by TRIDENT »

Not joking bike at North Leicester Motorcycles at 3700miles £12500 said was excellent.Looked tatty when i went to view more like 75000mile plus in salt water area.Richards on the case for me thanks.David
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

I'll go along with Del Boy's comment,rgds,J.B.
TRIDENT

Re: Classic purchased

Post by TRIDENT »

Thanks to Richard classic now purchased