Nort Rotary Trip around coast of Britain

Test your forum skills before launching into in-depth discussions!
rogerdodger

Nort Rotary Trip around coast of Britain

Post by rogerdodger »

Hi\r\rmy friend and I are going to ride around the coast of Britain next summer on 2 Norton Rotaries, starting in South Wales its approx 3100 miles the route that we are taking. Any suggestions would be most welcome.\rWe are also going to raise money for a cancer charity
mullins

Post by mullins »

Wow, sounds cool. Let us know more details once you've sorted what you're doing. Are you making scheduled stops along the way? Maybe some of us could meet yous for lunch or something if you are.
rogerdodger

Post by rogerdodger »

mullins wrote:Wow, sounds cool. Let us know more details once you've sorted what you're doing. Are you making scheduled stops along the way? Maybe some of us could meet yous for lunch or something if you are.
\r\ryes I have it all down on computer, schedule stops, as a first pass maybe 8 hours a day in the saddle then we thought too much riding, need to stop off regular and enjoy the scenery? So we have time to change things here and there, some of the roads in west Scotland for example 72 miles between stops 3hrs to do it, not knowing the roads doesn't seem right, does anyone know how good these roads are?\rthe initial pass was 3088 miles/12 days = 257miles per day = 7.6 hrs riding, as I said too much in the saddle, so we will have another look at it.\rWe recently did 300 miles my mate and I he was on his Commander my on my sssshhh triumph time we got back I could not sit down I was in agony, my mate fresh as a daisy.