Hi All

Test your forum skills before launching into in-depth discussions!
Gene

Hi All

Post by Gene »

Hello all,To introduce myself, I am a 70"s + retire, electrical eng/hobbist. I have a 1974 RE 500 that has been stored (inside) for the past 15 years. I purchased it from the original owner about 20 or more years ago. At the moment, I am waiting for a new spark plug, and then when it is running, I plan to sell it, as I can no longer ride it. Glad to meet you all.Gene DDenver, colo.
gripper

Re: Hi All

Post by gripper »

Hi Gene, It's a sad day when you have to give up your bikes, good luck with moving the RE5. On another subject that you might be able to help with, can you tell me if there are any issues with riding a motorcycle to the top of Mount Evans? I know it's the highest paved road in the USA at 14,250ft. I'm thinking of putting it on my bucket list. When is the warmest month there?yours Dave Evans
Gene

Post by Gene »

Hi Dave,I do not think that you would have any trouble with such a trip, and July is probably about warmest Mo.Mt.Evans is the highest paved road, but it is in, and then back out. I woud probably prefer 'Trail Ridge Road', which is the highest paved 'continuous' road in the USA. For both, be sure to take along a warm coat, it can get cold up there( and a 'rain suit' would be a good idea also). I hope to get the RE5 running again(it was running last week) by putting a new spark plug in it. I think the old one was an original (18,000) miles on the machine. I have placed new seat cover and back rest on it(years ago). When I was riding it, I really loved the sound of it, much better than a 'Harley D'. When I get it running again, I will 'run a vidio' with sound, and post it. I can't/don't ride it because I can no longer do the gear shift(up to 2nd, up again to 3rd, etc).Any way, good luck with the ride. By the way, where are you 'coming from', that you are asking about the mountain weather?Gene
gripper

Post by gripper »

Gene, Thanks for that, coming from England (not new England) could be a good way to spend my savings before the kids get their hands on it. I wonder how an Interpol 2 would cope with 14,000ft.
Richard Negus

Post by Richard Negus »

Gene,I think the clue to where gripper may be 'coming from' is in the name, Mount EVANS.Welcome to the Forum! R.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!